to let faqs title homeabout usnew developmentscompleted schemesfor saleto letacquisitionscontact ustop banner
Our most frequently asked questions about renting a property.

How long is a tenancy agreement for?
The minimum amount of time you can rent for is six months, the maximum is 24 months.

How often will my rent be increased?
Rents are reviewed every 12 months but not always increased; it will depend on market values in your area.

Your rent may be increased after 6 months, if you have taken a property at a low rent as an introductionary offer, but you will be aware of this before you sign the tenancy agreement.

Who can rent from?
Anyone who passes a credit check.

What do I need to do before I move in?
Make sure you have the necessary deposit and first month’s rent in cash, or bankers draft or a building society cheque. You also need to tell service providers like electricity providers or water authorities that you will be paying bills at the property.

What happens on ‘moving in day’?

The lettings coordinator will meet you at the property to:

  • Sign the tenancy forms
  • Inspect and make notes on the condition of the property
  • Explain how the heating/hot water system etc works
  • Collect the bond, administration fee and rent
  • Ask for your bank details. Your rent will be collected on the first day of each month
  • Ask you to sign for the keys.

What happens at the end of the tenancy?
If you wish to leave the property at the end of the fixed term (usually 6 months) then you must tell us in writing 4 weeks before the last day of the term. Shown on the tenancy agreement.
If you wish to stay in the property then you do not need to do anything and the tenancy will continue as usual. When you decide to end your tenancy you must give us 4 weeks notice in writing, we will let you know we have received your notice and we will tell you what you need to do next.

Please note that if you forget to tell us you are moving out you will have to pay 4 weeks rent to cover the notice period.

When will I get my bond back when I leave the property?
Usually within 14 days.

Will I get it all back?
If the property is in the same condition at the end of your tenancy as it was when you moved in, you should get it all back. Sometimes recharges are made for decorating, cleaning or repairing damage.

What should I do when I move out?
You should take a final reading of your electric and/or gas meters for your providers and also notify the water authority and council tax office and any other service providers that you’re leaving.

What happens if I have a problem in the property?
Call the 24 hour repairs helpline on 01924 245042 and they will arrange for a repair.

Who can help with other problems?
You can speak to anyone at our office in Wakefield from 9am to 5pm on 0844 800 5743. Outside those times please leave an answer phone message or email

If we haven’t answered all your questions, mail them to us at
To make sure we can take your application forward we need to run a credit check. The forms can be downloaded here for you to print and complete. Please return the forms to:

Ripley House, Unit 1, Ripley Drive
Normanton Industrial Estate,
Wakefield, WF6 1QT

download pdf Download the Individual's application form
download pdf Download the Company application form
download pdf BPI Tenancy Agreement
download pdf BPI Provisional Tenant Terms and Conditions


image properties to letRipley Drive